In response to the latest recommendations from multiple governments and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19 NCFST is making changes to our business practices. Our goal remains the same to limit public engagement, services and activities as much as possible between March 16th and April 5th. This 3-week period is intended to flatten the curve and reduce the transmission of the pandemic to ensure our medical and support services systems are not overwhelmed.
- All EarlyOn Centres will be closed;
- All Aboriginal Head Start Programs will be closed;
- All Daycare and school-based programming will be closed (including before and after school supports, GED and other educational programming);
- 185 Carlton will be closed.
- Culture Nights at 30 College and Scarborough will be suspended until further notice.
- All programming and groups and gatherings where hygiene and social distancing cannot be maintained.
Community members should contact their worker by phone should you require any assistance.
- NYRC and SCFLC are offering services by appointment only. The sites are locked and a sign is posted with the extension numbers for folks to call and referrals will be offered. Staff will be on-site to provide emergency support such as food cards, tokens, etc.
- 30 College is providing essential services only. Community members are encouraged to call their workers to request support. Signage has been posted to support this closure.
- The Transition Houses are all open and full. We will continue to provide services to this vulnerable community.
- Mdewgaan Lodge will continue to operate as we are serving vulnerable women and their children who need our support 24 hours a day.
- Tikanagan program continues to offer services remotely.
- Child and Family Wellbeing will continue to service our families/children and youth.
If you are unsure whether an event will be happening, please contact your local NCFST site for information.
We apologize for any inconvenience these suspensions might cause. We are committed to keeping our community safe, and we will continue to provide updates on our website as the situation evolves.
Our staff commitment to ongoing service
For more information:
- World Health Organization
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USA)