At NCFST, we live and work in the communities we serve. We feel a deep-rooted responsibility for the health and safety of our staff, our families and the communities we serve and each other.
As part of our steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone who works and visits NCFST, we are posting this message to provide an update on our response to COVID-19 and its impact on you and our daily operations.
The emerging consensus between multiple governments and health authorities is that we need to limit public engagement, services and activities as much as possible between March 16th and April 5th.
This 3 week period is meant to “flatten the curve” and reduce the transmission of the pandemic to ensure our medical and support services systems are not overwhelmed.
During this period, we are implementing “social distancing” as a preventative measure. Given how easily the virus can spread, health officials have said that social distancing is crucial when it comes to staying healthy and avoiding spreading the virus to others. As such, we are suspending or limiting any programs or services where hygiene or social distancing cannot be maintained.
In congruence with recommendations from Toronto Public Health, we have made the decision to temporarily close the following services between March 15th and April 5th:
- All EarlyOn Centres will be closed until April 5th;
- All Aboriginal Head Start Programs will be closed until April 5th;
- All childcare will be closed until April 5th;
- All Daycare and school-based programming will be closed until April 5th (including before and after school supports, GED and other educational programming).
Furthermore, we have temporarily suspended or limited the following programs until further notice:
- Culture Nights at 30 College and Scarborough will be suspended until further notice;
- Odel’Min Walk In Clinic will be suspended until further notice;
- All drop-in programs will be limited until further notice;
- All other programs and services will be reduced or suspended until further notice.
If you are unsure whether an event will be happening, please contact your local NCFST site for information.
We apologize for any inconvenience these suspensions might cause. We are committed to keeping our community safe, and we will continue to provide updates on our website as the situation evolves.
For more information:
For further updates on COVID-19, we encourage you to visit the following sites: