March 12, 2020
Native Child and Family Services of Toronto (NCFST) is closely watching the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. In our response, we are following the advice of Public Health authorities.
Currently, the health risk associated with COVID-19 is low for the general population of Canada. Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available, and NCFST will provide updates if the risk for COVID-19 changes.
Impact on services:
In consideration of the low risk identified by authorities, NCFST health clinics and other service-related events and activities are taking place as scheduled.
However, to minimize the potential spread of disease, NCFST Cultural Events at 30 College Street and our Scarborough location at 156 Galloway Road will be on hold for the next two months.
The COVID-19 situation can change rapidly, so if you are planning on attending an event, please check with your local site first to ensure that the event will be happening.
What we are doing:
- We are consistently monitoring Public Health updates on COVID-19
- We are ensuring that all service areas have hand sanitizer and are cleaned regularly
- We are putting larger-scale Cultural Events on hold for two months
- We are still running health clinics and other service-related activities
What you can do:
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth and nose with a sleeve/tissue when you sneeze or cough
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose or mouth) with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick and limit contact with others
If you notice symptoms of the virus (such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing), it is advised that you contact TeleHealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000), your healthcare provider, and/or your local health authority.
We are monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety of our community members, staff and families.
For more information:
- World Health Organization
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USA)