We invite you to join us on Saturday, September 25 at 12pm for the 24th Annual Community Pow Wow! You can join our virtual event via our Facebook page Livestream and/or drop by one of our locations on September 25th at noon to pick up a “Giveaway kit”.
Giveaway kits include: An “Every Child Matters” orange shirt, a take-away taco, and a bundle of medicines.
Giveaway Kit Locations:
- Native Youth Resource Centre: 655 Bloor Street West
- Scarborough Child and Family Life Centre: 156 Galloway Road
- Mino Bimaadziwin Healing & Prevention Centre: 185 Carlton Street
- Mount Dennis Aboriginal Child and Family Centre: 1290 Weston Road
- Malvern Aboriginal Child and Family Centre: 31 Tapscott Road Unit 76B
Virtual Pow Wow Tune in to Facebook Live on Saturday, September 25th for awesome virtual programming:
12:00 PM – Traditional Opening with Knowledge Keeper Pat Green. Community Message from NCFST Executive Director, Dr Jeffrey Schiffer. “Every Child Matters” Memorial Song – Young Creek Big Drum
1:00 PM – Live from Mount Dennis Aboriginal Child & Family Centre – Medicine Garden Walk-Through with Ojibikaans
1:30 PM – Live from Native Youth Resource Centre – Jingle Dress Dancers
2:00 PM – Live from Malvern Aboriginal Child & Family Centre – Hoop Dance Demonstration
2:30 PM – Live from Scarborough Child & Family Life Centre – All Nations Juniors Big Drum