24th Annual Community Pow Wow – virtual event and community giveaway day
We invite you to join us on Saturday, September 25 at 12pm for the 24th Annual Community Pow Wow! You can join our virtual event via our Facebook page Livestream and/or drop by one of our locations on September 25th at noon to pick up a “Giveaway kit”.
Giveaway kits include: An “Every Child Matters” orange shirt, a take-away taco, and a bundle of medicines.
Giveaway Kit Locations:
- Native Youth Resource Centre: 655 Bloor Street West
- Scarborough Child and Family Life Centre: 156 Galloway Road
- Mino Bimaadziwin Healing & Prevention Centre: 185 Carlton Street
- Mount Dennis Aboriginal Child and Family Centre: 1290 Weston Road
- Malvern Aboriginal Child and Family Centre: 31 Tapscott Road Unit 76B
Virtual Pow Wow Tune in to Facebook Live on Saturday, September 25th for awesome virtual programming:
12:00 PM – Traditional Opening with Knowledge Keeper Pat Green. Community Message from NCFST Executive Director, Dr Jeffrey Schiffer. “Every Child Matters” Memorial Song – Young Creek Big Drum
1:00 PM – Live from Mount Dennis Aboriginal Child & Family Centre – Medicine Garden Walk-Through with Ojibikaans
1:30 PM – Live from Native Youth Resource Centre – Jingle Dress Dancers
2:00 PM – Live from Malvern Aboriginal Child & Family Centre – Hoop Dance Demonstration
2:30 PM – Live from Scarborough Child & Family Life Centre – All Nations Juniors Big Drum