Thank you to everyone who joined us on October 29th in the first of our Decolonizing Child Welfare Webinar Learning Series.
In this webinar we discussed the history of NCFST in relation to its provincial child welfare mandate, provided an overview of the core interventions and services that are offered from referral to case closure and we told the story of our efforts to provide prevention and early intervention to mitigate the harms caused by colonial child welfare services.
Miigwetch to our host and panelists:
- Terri Jaffe, Senior Supervisor, Aboriginal Cultural Program Liaison;
- Vivian Roy, Knowledge Keeper;
- Kenn Richard, Founder and Director of Special Projects;
- Jeffrey Schiffer, Executive Director;
- Mark Atanasoff, Director of Quality Assurance and Decolonization.
Webinars in this learning series will be recorded and posted as the series evolves to be available to the community and the families we serve.