The deadline to apply for both camps is JUNE 15, 2021
VIRTUAL CAMP (6-16 years)
Virtual Camp will be offered to 3 age groups: 6-9, 10-12, and 13-16
DAY CAMP (6-12 years)
Day camp programs will be offered on the land in alignment with the Government of Ontario, Toronto Public Health, and Ontario Camps Association safety provisions. A guide will be provided to families in their welcome package with further details.
Campers will be placed within small groups between the age of 6-12.
We will offer a SCARBOROUGH (Joseph Brant PS*) and DOWNTOWN (Queen Alexandra*) location.
*Permits are pending for both locations.
APPLICATION PROCESS (BOTH CAMPS)
- Campers are only to apply for one opportunity VIRTUAL OR DAY CAMP (as they run at the same time).
- Applications must be completed by Camper’s Legal Parent/Guardian. For children who are in the care of NCFST, this means the NCFST Worker must complete the application/consent for the child (not the Resource Home).
- An application must be completed for each Camper. The deadline to apply for both camps is JUNE 15, 2021
- Applications submitted may not be all accepted due to numbers, selection criteria. Parent/Guardian/Resource will be notified of application status via email by June 18.
For more info email: [email protected]
GRUNDY LAKE OVERNIGHT CAMP (FAMILY CAMPS)
We are still in the process with solidifying our plans for Grundy Lake Overnight Camp, which due to COVID19 we hope to offer as a Family Camp this year. By offering small, family-cohort camps, we can ensure camper safety and compliance to all Ministry directives.
We will be asking that families submit an expression of interest (starting June 15) for this year’s very limited-space Family Camp (should we be able to offer). The link will be posted June 15th for families to add their name to the list. Stay tuned!
15-week program for eight Indigenous women (16-29 years old)
HAND DRUM MAKING WORKSHOP
Thursday, February 20, 2020
from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Thursdays, February 27-May 20, 2020
from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Drum Birthing Ceremony
- Ribbon Skirt Making
- Drum Songs and Teachings
- Discussions regarding MMIWG issues from female Knowledge Keepers
Beginners are welcome and encouraged to participate
To register, please contact Emily Hill, Education and Employment Case Manager.
Call (416) 969-8510 Ext. 4146, or email [email protected]
Basketball Skills Clinic for Aboriginal Males between ages 12-19
Friday, January 24 from 6 PM – 9 PM
Saturday, January 25 from 9 AM – 3 PM
Contact Justine Keeshig for more info! 416-969-8510 ext x 3701 or [email protected]
HERE ON TURTLES BACK PRESENTS
Moccasin Workshops for Youth with Storyboot School & Master Artist Rosary Spence
Participants must be Indigenous youth ages 16 to 24
All Classes held Tuesday’s from 2 PM to 5 PM
January Classes (Spirit Moon)
February Classes (Bear Moon)
SPACE IS LIMITED: To register contact Jordan Beauregard with names and email of youth interested at 416-969-8510 Ext 4119